Winterize Engine and System Checks
- Check engine mount
- Check engine antifreeze levels and freezing points
- Check engine belts and adjust as needed
- Check the power trim and refill tilt fluid if necessary
- Check battery water levels
- Change transmission fluid if necessary
- Replace sacrificial anodes that are more than 50 percent deteriorated
- Lubricate grease points
- Add corrosion inhibitor to the heating system
- Fog the engine
- Treat the fuel with storage conditioner
- Check steering for binding and kinks
- Replace fuel and oil filters
- Replace engine & genset zincs
- Disconnect the hot water heater
- Make sure the fuel tank is full before you winterize
- Clean freezer and refrigerator
- Clean exterior light bulb sockets
- Spray all light bulb sockets with anti-corrosion spray
- Oil door hinges
- Remove floorboards
- Re-torque all bolts and fasteners
- Vacuum all cushions and mattresses and place them upright if they’re going into storage
- Check all hatches and ports for leaks
- Close all seacocks on your boat before storing
- Deflate all non-davit inflatable dinghies
- Replace all hull, rudder, shaft and trim zincs
- Touch up paint if necessary
- Wash sand from the hull
- Do a complete wash of the entire boat
- Touch up cracked or chipped paint where necessary
- Wax the hull and topsides of your boat that may be exposed during the offseason
- Boat Maintenance Tips
- Boat and Trailer Maintenance Tips
- Fall Maintenance Checklist Preparing Your Boat for Winter
THIS IS VALLEY MARINE
We have all heard that old saying… “You are the company you keep.” In everything we do at Valley Marine, our goal is to be the company you keep. That helpful friend you call with a problem. That place you drop by just to say hello and share a laugh. Our dealership is comprised of an incredible team of people, all boaters ourselves, with a common purpose- to give you, our customer, the very best on water. It’s simple really. The Golden Rule. Treat others the way you would like to be treated.
Thank you for this opportunity to introduce ourselves. Please click on each member of our team to learn a little bit more about who we are and how we got here.
Integrity. Boating. Company.
BEST ON THE WATER
Nebraska’s boating season is too short as it is. The last thing our customers need is to miss out on the precious season while their boat is in for repairs. At Valley Marine we understand this issue. That is why we have a complete service department comprised of six award-winning mechanics to help get you back out on the water as soon as possible.
Valley Marine is pleased to offer on-site lake service testing for any boat that has been in our shop for repair. We the only dealer in Nebraska to offer this unique service to our customers. For the utmost in customer convenience, Valley Marine even offers a Mobile Service team that can make a “dock call” right to your boat.
When Nebraska’s precious boating seasons comes to an end, just give us a call. We’ll come pick up your boat and store it inside one of our four spacious storage sheds. Now that’s service!