Take your boating experience to the next level with six simple boating hacks that maximize the fun you can have out on the water.
- If you are thinking of towing your boat a long distance, know that when you arrive the boat will be a mess. Try rubbing liquid soap on the front of your boat, console, and windshield before heading out. The bugs and dirt will clean off more easily.
- Before heading out, secure your cooler. These important supplies can fly all over the place at full speed. Set a wet towel underneath and the problem is solved.
- Boats grow mold and there is no way around it. Put white vinegar on the upholstery and the boat won’t smell like bleach. It works better and is less expensive.
- Fishermen are superstitious about taking bananas on a fishing excursion. Just be aware that there are plenty of other fruits that last longer on the water and you won’t risk scaring the fish away.
- Seasickness can sneak up on anyone, especially on the ocean in rough seas. Keep ginger and pressure bands in your first aid kit. Ginger teas and candies can work too for those prone to any type of motion sickness.
- Always keep extra life jackets, hats, sunglasses, and flip-flops on the boat. People forget these things or they go overboard. It’s also not a bad idea to keep an extra can of fuel because time and distance fly when having fun.
Boat trips can get ruined when you’re unprepared. A few easy hacks make the experience fun for everyone.
Discover Boatsetter, 2018. Boating Hacks – Insiders Tips for Better Boating Experiences, https://discover.boatsetter.com/blog/tips-for-better-boating-experience/
Photo credit: Pixabay.com